Creating Editions in 3.3.3; 3.3.5; and 3.3.9

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
scytl

Creating Editions in 3.3.3; 3.3.5; and 3.3.9

Post by scytl »

Hello! I’m experiencing issues when creating editions, both in the Classroom course type and in the E-learning with editions course type. These issues started in 3.3.3 and are still present in 3.3.5 and 3.3.9.

When creating a new edition in the Classroom course type, after I enter the required information and click the Save changes button, the page refreshes, no information is saved, and the edition does not get created.

When creating a new edition in the E-learning with editions course type, I am able to create the edition. However, none of the dates entered in the Date begin, Date end, From, or To fields will save.

Please reference the attached document for the steps and screenshots taken to replicate the errors. Sincerely appreciate any help or feedback anyone can give.
Attachments
Creating Editions for Classroom and Elearning with editions Course Types.docx
(209.8 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Creating Editions in 3.3.3; 3.3.5; and 3.3.9

Post by alfa24 »

Can't replicate any of the issues.
Tested on a 3.3.5 and everything is working (except minor bugs I found, but not related to your errors).
I suppose there's something wrong with your configuration, but I should be on your instance to debug it.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
scytl

Post by scytl »

As a follow-up, the editions issue reported for the Classroom course type is still occurring.

However, we have figured out/resolved the issue with the editions in the E-learning with editions course type. Our date separator was set to use backslashes (/) by default for the calendar dates, and it turns out that FORMA only accepts dashes (-) for the dates. The date picker kept changing the dates entered to /'s no matter what we typed in. Changing the date separator in the database fixed our date issue. Posting our findings here in case it can help anyone else who may be running into this issue.
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Post by alberto »

Thanks, that's why we couldn't replicate the issue!
We added the fix to the upcoming release 3.3.10

Thanks!