VideoConference Integration

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
tempuser
FormaLms User

VideoConference Integration

Post by tempuser »

I can see that the system is ready to be integrated with a number of videoconference platform, but doesn't include one embedded platform. All of the other interfaces are not free, and I think dimdim is no longer available, right?

Do you know of any video-conferencing free source system that's based on PHP/MySQL, not based on Java?

What is the 'Videoconference' tab in the user interface supposed to show? From where in the admin side can I create such videoconference instances?

I created a new course and associated the collaborative area menu to it, but while accessing it as the admin, I still can't see how to create videoconference instances for the course under the corresponding menu item?

Is this functionality fully working?
canelli
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.0

Re: VideoConference Integration

Post by canelli »

Hi tempuser

the goal of the project is to produce and release an LMS platform. We think it's better to integrate and use Learder's third-party products than to develop their own quality-grade features.
version 1.4.x is ready to use different videoconferencing platforms. the historical DIMDIM videoconferencing platform is dead and formalms since version 1.3 uses the BigBlueButton (aka BBB) service. for this there is a native plugin in 1.4.3 format that can be used.
BBB is an open source project that you can perform alone. The installation is not easy and I suggest to find and download a pre-installed virtual appliance/ server. BBB Company also offers a cloud payment service for production and a free service for testing.
The BBB plugin embedded in the formalms comes with the test service already set up
Cercate nel forum le riposte prima di chiedere. Check the forum before posting
---------------
Claudio Anelli
Joint Technologies - Sistemi avanzati per l'information technology

http://www.joint-tech.com
---------------
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

Thank you for the clarification.

Do you know of any video-conferencing free source system that's based on PHP/MySQL, not based on Java?

I created a new course and associated the collaborative area menu to it, but while accessing it as the admin, I still can't see how to create videoconference instances for the course under the corresponding menu item?
canelli
FormaLms Guru

Post by canelli »

I don't know any videoconferencing platform made in php
Videoconferencing is a very intense throughput task
I created a new course and associated the collaborative area menu to it, but while accessing it as the admin, I still can't see how to create videoconference instances
first you must enable videoconference in the administration panel (global configuration) putting all the needed parameters.
then as a teacher in a course you can create a videoconference stanza with a schedluded date and then a student can see all schedule available in the course and attendee one of at the correct day/time
---------------
Claudio Anelli

---------------
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

Thanks again for the clarification.

I want to know if I configured the BBB plugin, will it share data with the hosting platform? like attendees information and contacts? Or it just provides the interface via a direct attendance link?
canelli
FormaLms Guru

Post by canelli »

with the BBB plugin, no personal information are shared with the videoconference hosting .
The plugin provide a direct link to the student.
When a Student enter in a conference , he /she must provide a nickname or formalms send a nickname (first and last name of student) .

The activity is tracked in formalms
---------------
Claudio Anelli

---------------