Edit Event Category

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
tempuser
FormaLms User

Edit Event Category

Post by tempuser »

Hello,

There is an issue in this page:

/appCore/index.php?modname=reservation&op=mod_category&id_category=1

First, the edit doesn't work when submitted, and secondly the button caption says 'Modify event', while it should be category.

May I ask where events calendar is shown in the user area? For classroom courses, there is no details page, just the course description is shown in the course catalogue, so the calendar of course dates is not shown or associated to the course in any way, and there is no separate tab for calendar.

Also why there is not a details page for the classroom courses? One could still add details to these courses as in elearning ones (information, documents, wiki, etc).
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Edit Event Category

Post by alfa24 »

The edit works perfectly.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

I'm using version 1.4.3.

I think you always reply based on a different version. You can't reproduce my issues.

The button caption is not subject to debate.

What about the events calendar and classroom courses?
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

I've tested with a clean 1.4.3
for the other issue, I said it solved (it is a bug) and sent a PM. Never received a PM from you, instead.
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

I didn't receive a PM from you as I replied to the other thread. Please resend.

Wouldn't it be helpful to others to share publicly in the the same thread?
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

For the event category, I'm attaching a screenshot. As you can see, the button is referring to Event rather than Category, and it doesn't modify the category details after submission.
Attachments
event-cat.JPG
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Post by alberto »

Hi
tempuser wrote:
May I ask where events calendar is shown in the user area? For classroom courses, there is no details page, just the course description is shown in the course catalogue, so the calendar of course dates is not shown or associated to the course in any way, and there is no separate tab for calendar.
Events are shown in courses within the "reservation" module, maybe you need to add it to your course menu.
Hereis a tutorial on reservations

Hereis a tutorial on menu configuration
tempuser wrote:the button is referring to Event rather than Category, and it doesn't modify the category details after submission.
You should be able to change the button label from the language manager.
I can edit all the categories on my installation exept for the first one in list. Can you try to add a new one and see if it works? This won't fix the bug but at least you'll be able to use the feature.
tempuser wrote: Wouldn't it be helpful to others to share publicly in the the same thread?
Absolutely YES. Alfa24 would better share publicly his solutions, and start being more polite with you and other users. He has already been banned once, under another username.
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

Thank you Alberto for the clarification.

Yes the category that can't be edited is the first one, it can't be deleted either.

I added the reservations module, but at the user side the course can't be ordered because it's missing editions. I didn't find where from the admin side can I specify editions of a course?

Thanks for your comment relating to the other thread. I agree with you. I hope others can share information openly.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

You can't modify category 0, as it is created hardcoded in /appLms/lib/lib.reservation.php
$re = array();
$re[0][CATEGORY_ID] = 0;
$re[0][CATEGORY_NAME] = $lang->def('_UNDEFINITED');
$re[0][CATEGORY_ID_COURSE] = 0;
$re[0][CATEGORY_MAX_SUBSCRIPTION] = 0;

So it's not in the db.

But in your first post, you're referring to

/appCore/index.php?modname=reservation&op=mod_category&id_category=1

and id_category = 1 is editable.
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Post by alberto »

tempuser wrote: I added the reservations module, but at the user side the course can't be ordered because it's missing editions. I didn't find where from the admin side can I specify editions of a course?
Hi, here a couple of tutorials:

Creating elearning courses with editions

Creating a classroom course with editions