Blank Page after login

Install and configure FormaLMS and DoceboCE
Stewart
FormaLms User

Blank Page after login

Post by Stewart »

I have just upgraded from D405 to Forma 1.4.1 - Now when I login I just get a blank page.

Has anyone else had this problem? how is it fixed?

Many thanks,
Stewart
FormaLms User

Re: New Release: Forma 1.4.1

Post by Stewart »

Posted in a different area - since upgrading to Forma 1.4.1 from D405 after logging in I just get a blank page - please help.
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Re: Blank Page after login

Post by alberto »

Hi Stewart, I never had this issue, the first things I'd check are:
- are you using the forma config file?
- are you using the new forma template?

also, please post your server configuration.
Stewart
FormaLms User

Post by Stewart »

Happens on a clean install of both Forma 1.4 and 1.4.1 too. I think the issue is with PHPmyAdmin version but cannot be sure. Using Free web hosting site so probably not up to date. Will find server details and post.

Managed to reinstall with D405 archive.
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Post by alberto »

So is it a clean install or an upgrade?
nfoster971

Post by nfoster971 »

I am having the exact same problem. I am new and trying to figure all of this stuff out. I am using 000webhost. I uploaded the extracted files to the subdomain I wanted (which still isn't right). I went through the installation procedure and had to use ftp option to get it to install.

I am not certain that I got all info correct on Step 4, I am still a lil bit fuzzy on base and the ftp. But, the base url was listed as http://online.biologician.com/ and the ftp I left as /. It allowed me to click next so I went with it.

I created admin account in step 5 and finished installation. Per the docebo manual, from the filezilla, I deleted install, update, xml_languages and verified permissions to the admin.php, config.php, index.php, files/.htaccess and the main .htaccess were at 644.

Everything looks perfect when I load the page, but when I sign in as admin, index is showing as blank. I don't know what the deal is. I have to clear the history in order to get that login in page to reappear after I have tried.

I am just trying to get this thing installed and workable since I don't know much about what I am doing. I know Moodle is all the rage, but I really like this one and would like to use it. Mojo doesn't have it on the quick install list anymore which might have made my life a bit easier, but hey, I like to learn and I love this program. So, at the moment, I am using 000webhost.com with pHp of 5.2 and mysql of 5.1* (whatever the frick the * means??) Also, phpMyAdmin in 000webhost does not allow for the addition of a superuser that I can tell.

It occurs in both 1.4.1 and 1.4.2. The address it freezes on, the first page after login is online.biologician.com/appLms/index.php?r=lms/elearning/show

I had 0 problems with installing it on local server via XAMPP, but this server install is driving me a little crazy. There were no red flags on the checks page of install other than the ldap

If anyone has any thoughts, I am willing to attempt to chase it down.
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Post by alberto »

Can you check your server logs to see if any error is reported?
nfoster971

Post by nfoster971 »

Just an activity log which shows all okay. The program, when installing, autopopulates the db host to 'localhost.' But, 000webhost.com requires that you use some other server. I have clean installed and with a different database and it makes no difference.

From inspect element, I get the following:
Inspector:
<html>
<head></<head>
<div class="ui-t6">
<div class="ui-t6"></div></div></body></html>
The rules just show element{}

Console:
The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be delcared in the document or in the transfer protocol.

Debugger:
Sources: This page has no sources
Call stack: No stack frames to display

I was going to try serversfree.com, but they a)have issues and b) config.php is flagged for not having permissions.
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Post by alberto »

Even if autopopulated you should be able to change the db host during the install procedure. If you already completed the install, try manually edit the config.php on line 25 and change:

Code: Select all

$cfg['db_host'] = 'localhost';
to your db host
nfoster971

Post by nfoster971 »

I did change it when I installed it. It would not allow localhost even though it autopopulated. The instructions say to add a user to the database after you create the database and that appears to be the only thing I could not do. They are also kind of stingy on file-size limits which might be another issue.

If you want to see what it looks like, online.biologician.com user: admin pass: 582sistersue

I have a ticket out to 000webhost, but it is free hosting and they may never get back to me on this.

I have been shopping around for hosting and asked bluehost a few questions on chat about whether or not they would support the program. The tech's response would be that, for their service, I would need access to root which I would not have under a shared plan. I don't currently have a need for the expense and space of vps or dedicated servers as I currently have no customers. I need something that will take the program and then grow with me. Idk that that is going to happen without it showing back up on an autoinstaller.

Has anyone else used a clean install (not an upgrade from a previous version) without an autoinstaller on any shared plan?