System Admin Course Enrolment

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
dave911
Version: forma.lms 1.4.2

System Admin Course Enrolment

Post by dave911 »

Hello,
Logged on today as system admin (as usual) and entered a course that am subscribed to to do some changes - again all as usual. But then Teacher View not there and only Student View.
Went to the Course and looked at the Students and sys admin had level only as Student. When I logged off last night it was Administrator. Deleted user in Course and logged out and back in as sys admin and re-subscribed - again subscribed only as Student.
Any suggestions to have Sys Admin enroll automatically as Course Admin again.
UPDATE
Just investigated further.
I think I used Unsubscribe From Course (which was enabled) when logged in as Sys Admin. Then re-subscribed through course catalogue which only subscribed as a Student - not as a Administrator.
So this is the way my installation Forma works:
1. a system admin sets up a new course and is an admin of the course but not a student.
2. if system admin unsubscribes by either enabled "Unsubscribe From Course" or manually through "ELearning/Courses" menu, and then re-subscribes through "Subscribe" in course catalogue, the system admin ONLY subscribes as a student and not an administrator.
Question: is it possible for system admin to be automatically subsrcibed as admin level again if for some reason they are unsubscribed?
Now I have figured out how it works it is not a big deal to manually change Level to administrator, but I would have thought that the system administrator - no matter what happens or what level of subscriber (admin/teacher) writes the course - would have access to all parts of the course automatically - basically the entire installation.
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Re: System Admin Course Enrolment

Post by alberto »

dave911 wrote: Question: is it possible for system admin to be automatically subsrcibed as admin level again if for some reason they are unsubscribed?
Now I have figured out how it works it is not a big deal to manually change Level to administrator, but I would have thought that the system administrator - no matter what happens or what level of subscriber (admin/teacher) writes the course - would have access to all parts of the course automatically - basically the entire installation.
Hi Dave, for several reasons this is not that easy to implement from the frontend.
We are discussing a new feature to let a sys admin enter a course from the backend with full permissions, but this is not in roadmap yet.
dave911
Version: forma.lms 1.4.2

Re: System Admin Course Enrolment

Post by dave911 »

Thanks Alberto,
I'm on a bit of a learning curve at the moment (coming from Moodle - love Forma - so much more practical).
I've figured most things out and have 2 courses up and running already, but every now and then I press a button to see what happens and then have to track what changes have been made and where - all good fun :D
Dave