Auto-Subscribing New Students

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
jcgski
Version: forma.lms 1.2

Re: Auto-Subscribing New Students

Post by jcgski »

Courses are all in “Available” or “Confirmed” status (not sure of the difference for the system). Enrollment policy is set to “Free”, subscriptions are “Open” and there are no dates set for any of the courses.

However, I was just able to get my test account to display the courses just now, but I’m not sure if it is the correct fix. I went into E-Learning, Settings, User area in LMS. I clicked on the student icon on the “E-Learning” tab and selected/added all users. This allowed my test account to see all the courses again. I need to test it with other users, but I have two related questions: 1. Is this a proper fix or just a temporary solution? 2. If it is the correct solution, what will happen to new students that sign up; will they be automatically added to this list or is this something we have to do manually for each new student?

Thanks!
jcgski
Version: forma.lms 1.2

Post by jcgski »

I just verified that this solution worked for existing users, but new users still do not see the content without manually adding them as above.
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Post by max »

Hi, finally solved then....! That's why I was asking for a screenshot (I meant a full screenshot of the home page), I suspected something like this.

What you did is not a "fix", is actually what is necessary to display the course list.... Courses are displayed under 2 tabs: one is the Elearning tab, without which you don't see the courses you are enrolled to. The other one is the "Catalogue" tab, where users see courses included in the catalogue, if any, and can self-subscribe if you allow them to.

To sum it up: normally "Elearning" is necessary, "Catalogue" is optional and depending on your subscription policies. Without the Elearning tab, of course nobody will be able to see courses.... It's actually the default home page..

Again: you don't need to manually assign the elearning tab to specific users (if you do it, then you'll always have to manually assign it to new ones...). Just remove the assignments you made with this tab and simply turn it on for everybody. That's all.

Sorry it took so long: I imagined from the beginning it was something very simple, I just couldn't imagine that it was this.
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net