.search_t cllass in content library height not same as other controls; forma 2.1

Anything about what happens on the user and teacher side
drewlander
Version: forma.lms 1.4.1

.search_t cllass in content library height not same as other controls; forma 2.1

Post by drewlander »

Not sure where in the software it was decided that 22px is appropriate for the .search_t class, but the effect in the content library is that the search box is smaller than the filter drop menu control to the left. If there is a reason for the 22px height for something elsewhere in the software, then I would just apply a different class to this object.

The source:
nano /var/www/html/forma/formalms/templates/standard/style/base.css

.search_t{border:1px solid #cccccc;padding-left:2px;padding-top:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-bottom:2px;height:22px;width:auto;vertical-align:top;}

the fix:
.search_t{border:1px solid #cccccc;padding-left:2px;padding-top:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-bottom:2px;width:auto;vertical-align:top;}
drewlander

Re: .search_t cllass in content library height not same as other controls; forma 2.1

Post by drewlander »

after further review, I notice the padding on the controls does not match the e-learning tab either, and it probably was meant to be the same. The fix above is a temporary fix I suppose and a better fix to match the styles on the other tab will involve quite a bit more review. The controls on e-learning are part of the form-group class whereas the controls on the content library tab are not. Looks like this was coded by two different people.
drewlander

Re: .search_t cllass in content library height not same as other controls; forma 2.1

Post by drewlander »

One more edit for /var/www/html/forma/formalms/appLms/views/kb/show.php

Code: Select all

<div class="quick_search_form navbar forma-quick-search-form">
        <div class="simple_search_box" id="usermanagement_simple_filter_options" style="display: block;">
<div class="navbar-form form-group">

<?php
            echo Form::openForm('quick_search', '');
            echo Form::getInputDropdown('dropdown', 'course_filter', 'course_filter', $course_filter_arr, false, 'style="width: 50%;"') . "&nbsp;\n";
            echo Form::getInputTextfield("search_t", "filter_text", "filter_text", $filter_text, '', 255, '');
            echo Form::getButton("filter_set", "filter_set", Lang::t('_SEARCH', 'standard'), "search_b");
            echo Form::getButton("filter_reset", "filter_reset", Lang::t('_RESET', 'standard'), "reset_b");
            echo Form::closeForm();
            ?>
</div>

</div>
</div>
add the bold outer div and I think it matches e-learning overall. Couldnt add the btn-grp class to provide proper padding between controls but that can be resolved very easiliy in css if desired.
Maybe I will find time to swap those buttons with fontawesome icons next...
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Post by max »

Thank you,

I added this to our bugtracker, we'll take a look at the bug and at the suggested solution
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net